Our Mission is to nurture and promote the cultural arts of Japan and expose students and the community to multiple facets of Japanese culture. We do this by:
- Exposing students to different aspects of Japanese culture – not just what is seen in movies and TV.
- Building improved personal and community relationships through a better understanding of Japan’s rich culture.
- Offering a meeting place for the community at large to learn about, observe and participate in Japan related educational and cultural activities. We attempt to do this through the presentation of activities incorporating the many Cultural Arts of Japan.
- Featuring local artists and talent.
What our audience will gain from this project:
- A wider participation in and appreciation of the Arts and Crafts of Japan.
- A forum for the continuation and practice of Japanese art forms performed by traditional artists and artisans.
- A “Japanese Style” community event for the enjoyment of citizens of Japan living in the area as expatriates. We believe Japan Week @ BC will be a welcome and successful event based on the overwhelming success of previous “Aki Matsuri” festivals, sponsored by the Eastside Nihon Matsuri Association (ENMA) annually on our campus from 2000 to 2015. We want to ensure that the sharing of Japanese art, music, and food continues at BC.