Date | Time: 6/1/2017 1:30 PM Meeting Called By: ASG President
Board Members Voting Members Present: 8/9 at 1:33 PM
ASG President Sammy Akeyo (chair) Present
ASG VP of Finance & Communications Amber Castaneda Present
ASG VP of Student Affairs & Pluralism Abner Pagunuran Present
ASG Chief Justice Michael Cha Absent (Excused)
ASG Marketing & Public Relations Representative Mei-Ching Wu Present
ASG Campus Life and Events Representative Jordan Domonique Allen Present
ASG Emerging Tech & Entrepreneurial Representative Connor Sinnott Present
ASG Environmental & Social Responsibility Representative Joedy Morrow Present
ASG External Legislative Representative Jahkari Aujla-Singh Present
MingZhen Wu Student
Chair calls the BOD session to order at 1:33 P.M.
Introductions are made right to left (name, position, gender pronouns) including all present ASG members and guests.
- Approval of the Agenda
Motion to APPROVE the agenda for 6/1/2017: Jahkari Aujla-Singh
Motion Passes, unanimously.
- Approval of the Minutes
Motion to ratify the minutes from 5/25/2017 with stated amendments: Amber Castaneda
Motion Passes, unanimously.
- President’s Report
- SESF Agreement is a work in progress.
- STF Agreement is in the final stages. We are entering negotiations with the college President’s office.
- We are looking at alternatives for involving more students in the governance of the college. The S&A committee allocated $20,000 to budget 1900 towards compensating students for governance for the next academic year.
- Officers Report
Within the past week I have concentrated my efforts in obtaining Post Event Evaluation for past events during the spring quarter, prior and during my employment.
- Working with Abby to get funding requests sent to CAB organized and work on putting committee for approving funding requests on the CAB end.
- Working on record log of funding requests from this year in order to create projections for next year – will cross check with Hristo and FMS query once this is complete (which also requires getting access to FMS query).
- Working with LaMeshia and Faisal on plans for next year, on daily activity logs for LaMeshia and legacy binder.
- More bus transportation through campus
- EBT, Becoming a SNAP benefit vendor
- Multicultural Fair
- LaMeshia’s officer report
- Legacy documents
Worked on OSLA Policy and Procedures and OSLA applications so new OSLA employees can get hired before the current ASG and OSLA leave.
- SESF meeting prep, organizing agenda points, finding a time that works for the committee members so they can add to the discussion of the contract and also meet quorum.
- Meeting with Craig (transportation coordinator).
- Promote Multicultural Fair.
- Help clubs and programs on event advertisement.
- Attended Team Meeting
- Attended end of the year party. Attempted to meet council. Assisted in Camp Casey tasks.
- Attended Bod Meeting
- Open comments
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 1:51 PM: Sammy Akeyo
Motion passes, unanimously.