This site is intended for Bellevue College students and community. We assume the majority of the folks visiting are trustworthy and well-meaning.
However, whenever you engage in an online forum, it is always wise to exercise caution in regards to your personal safety. Consider the following precautions when meeting someone whom you don’t know:
- Insist on a public meeting place where there are lots of people. The staff at the Bellevue Police Department say that you are welcome to have your meeting at one of their stations (phone 425-452-4129).
- Never meet in a secluded place, and never invite a stranger into your home.
- Make sure someone you trust knows where you’re going, or better yet, ask them to accompany you.
- Take your cell phone with you.
- Do what is right for you to keep yourself safe; don’t worry what other people might think.