Date | Time: 5/18/2017 1:30 PM Meeting Called By: ASG President
Board Members Voting Members Present: 8/9 at 1:32 PM
ASG President Sammy Akeyo (chair) Present
ASG VP of Finance & Communications Amber Castaneda Present
ASG VP of Student Affairs & Pluralism Abner Pagunuran Present
ASG Chief Justice Michael Cha Present
ASG Marketing & Public Relations Representative Mei-Ching Wu Absent
ASG Campus Life and Events Representative Jordan Domonique Allen Present
ASG Emerging Tech & Entrepreneurial Representative Connor Sinnott Present
ASG Environmental & Social Responsibility Representative Joedy Morrow Present
ASG External Legislative Representative Jahkari Aujla-Singh Present
Whisper St. Christopher Office of Sustainability
Amber Nicholson Office of Sustainability
Keoni Moore Office of Sustainability
Ming Wu Student
Chair calls the BOD session to order at 1:32 P.M.
Introductions are made right to left (name, position, gender pronouns) including all present ASG members and guests.
- Approval of the Agenda
Motion to adopt the agenda for 5/18/2017: Jahkari
Motion Passes, unanimously.
- Approval of the Minutes
Motion to ratify the minutes from 5/11/2017 with stated amendments: Michael
- Motion to have Amber Nicholson’s presentation on the SESF and student raingarden as the next agenda item: Connor
- Amber Nicholson presents on:
- The history of the Student Environmental Sustainability Fee
- The student raingarden project approved by the Board of Directors in August 2016
- Funding request from the Associated Students of Bellevue College
Motion to allocate $1,172 from budget number 1984 for the Multicultural Fair.
Motion Passes, 6:0:1
(One vote was sent in via proxy.)
- President’s report
- SESF Agreement is a work in progress.
- STF Agreement is in the final stages. We are entering negotiations with the college President’s office.
- We are looking at alternatives for involving more students in the governance of the college. The S&A committee allocated $20,000 to budget 1900 towards compensating students for governance for the next academic year.
- Unscheduled business
- Open comments
- Abner implores the Board to reach out to clubs and programs to encourage them to participate in the Multicultural Fair happening May 31, 2017.
- Abner gives an update on Interim President Wakefield’s response to the student concerns regarding the Assistant Director of Public Safety.
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 2:15 PM: Michael Cha
Motion passes, unanimously.