Election Meeting Minutes
The Election Committee is responsible for the following:
• Verifying the eligibility of candidates and ratifying the candidate pool.
• Determine if a candidate has violated any rules or procedures.
• Issuing official warnings and/or disqualifications to candidates whom violate campaign & election rules.
• Issue cease-and-desist requesting to stop a campaign from continuing a specific behavior, act, or practice. Failure to adhere to a cease-and-desist request may result in the disqualification of a candidate.
• Hear appeals flied against the election process and make a final decision.
• Declare which candidate has been elected for each ASG Executive position.
The Election Committee shall be composed of:
(I) The Dean of Student Life (Chairperson) or designee
(II) One BC college staff or faculty
(III) ASG President or designee
(IV) Two ASG officers or students-at-large.
The 2022-2023 Election Committee
The Dean of Student Life (Chairperson) – Michael Kaptik
BC staff – Becca Marion
ASG President – Theint Thu
Two students-at-large – YeeSan Lim & Ruth Quarshie