Category Archives: Uncategorized

June 12th B.O.D

 The Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Date: June 12th 2014                       

Student Union Building, Meeting Room – C225

 

ASG BOD Members____________________________________

■ = Present

□ = Absent

■ President Leslie Mayo (chair)

■ VP of Finance and Communication (voting)

■ VP of Student Affairs and Pluralism Andrea Torres (voting)

■ Environmental and Social Responsibility Representative Alex Clark (voting)
■ Emerging Technology and Entrepreneurial Representative Adlai Gomez (voting)

■ Campus Life and Events Representative Melody Salcedo (voting)

■ Marketing and Public Relations Representative Miranda Tamnkang (voting)

■ Associate Justice of Internal Affairs Kazuki Yonebayashi (Non-voting)

□ Associate Justice of External Affairs Natasha Wijoyo (Non-voting)

□ Chief Justice Komalpreet Sahota (Non-voting)

 

Voting Members Present: 5/5

Advisors:  

Faisal Jaswal, Nora Lance, Brandon Lueken, Zak Yousuf

 

Others Present:

Valery Borodina, Mzi Hsin Chen, Michael Hanson, Xiaohui Lu, Abby Lynn, Lana Mack, Nancy McEachran, Osha Morningstar, Limei Tsai, Mao Huai Weng, Xinhong Zhao

Proceedings

 

  1. 1.     Call to Order
    1. a.     President Leslie Mayo began the meeting at 3:33pm

 

  1. 2.     Roll Call and Introductions
    1. a.     The Board of Directors (ASG) introduced themselves.
    2. b.     All others present introduced themselves.

 

  1. 3.     Agenda Acceptance
    1. a.     Miranda Tamnkang moved to accept the agenda.
    2. b.     Andrea Torres 2nd
    3. c.     Acclamation
    4. d.     Agenda approved

 

  1. 4.     Minutes Review
    1. a.     Associated Justice of Internal Affairs Kazuki Yonebayashi presented the B.O.D. Minutes of June 5th.
    2. b.     Andrea Torres moved to accept the minutes of B.O.D. minutes of June 5th 2014.
    3. c.     Melody Salcedo 2nd
    4. d.     Acclamation
    5. e.     Minutes approved.

 

  1. 5.     The Associated Student Government Executive Board Update
    1. a.     Campus Life and Events Representative Melody Salcedo presented account summary. 
    2. b.     Leaving us with the following numbers in each account:

 

Purpose

Account Number (#)

Available Funds

ASG

1900

$ 100,000.00

Reserve

1984

$ 9,487.93

Cultural

1903

$ 5,333.75

Club

1910

$ 5,381.19

 

  1. 6.      Immigrant ESL Student Club
    1. a.     Immigrant ESL Student Club advisor also a teacher of ESL classes Nancy McEachran requested $595 to bring students to the Washington state affiliate for Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (WAESOL) conference at Highline Community College. At the conference, they are planning to share their accomplishments in past three years with WA educators and administrators.  
    2. b.     Melody Salcedo amended the funding request from $595 to $665.
    3. c.     The Amendment was approved                                                        Vote: 5– 0 –0
    4. d.     Andrea Torres moved to vote
    5. e.     Adlai Gomez 2nd
    6. f.      Immigrant ESL Student Club funding request approved             Vote: 5– 0 –0
    7. g.     Approved from 1910

           

  1. 7.     The Integrating Social Justice Funding Request (SESF)
    1. a.     Environmental and Social Responsibility Representative Alex Clark presented Integrating Social Justice funding request. This funding request is for a program which support ten faculty and two facilitators to learn more about social justice. It costs $400 per person, and the total cost will be $4,800.
    2. b.     Andrea Torres moved to vote.
    3. c.     Adlai Gomez 2nd
    4. d.     The Integrating Social Justice funding request was approved     Vote: 4– 0 –1
    5. e.     Approved from 1952

    6. 8.     Native Planting
      1. a.     Environmental and Social Responsibility Representative Alex Clark presented that Bellevue College Botany faculty Michael Hanson bought some plants for students and it was from his expense. Since the plants are for students, SESF should pay back to him.
      2. b.     Andrea Torres moved to vote.
      3. c.     Melody Salcedo 2nd
      4. d.     The Native Planting funding request was approved                      Vote: 4– 0 –1
      5. e.     Approved from 1952

      6. 9.     Sustainable Food Group Startup Positions
        1. a.     Office of Sustainable Food Coordinator Osha Morningstar presented that she accomplished many things, such as organic labeling and soup ingredients labeling at BC cafeteria. Her term ends on June 20th and Alex’s term ends on June 30th, but there are many things Office of Sustainability is working on over the summer. This funding request helps the school to accomplish sustainability projects over the summer. Alex will work 19 hours a week* 8 weeks in $12 per hour. Osha will work 35 hours a week*12 weeks in $12 per hour.
        2. b.     Miranda Tamnkang requested to expand 5 minutes to the presentation.
        3. c.     Andrea Torres 2nd
        4. d.     The total funding request is $8,401.20
        5. e.     Andrea Torres moved to vote.
        6. f.      Melody Salcedo 2nd.
        7. g.     The Sustainable Food Group Startup funding request was approved     

                                                                                                             Vote: 4– 0 –1                                                                                  

  1. h.    Approved from 1952

  2. 10.  The ASG Meeting Funding Request
    1. a.     Campus Life and Events Representative Melody Salcedo presented to make the last team meeting special. The meeting will be four hours to discuss what the ASG accomplished, what needed to be fixed and what the outgoing ASG recommends to the incoming ASG.
    2. b.     Miranda Tamnkang add extra 5 minutes to the presentation.
    3. c.     Andrea Torres 2nd
    4. d.     Andrea Torres amended the funding request from $200 to $360.
    5. e.     Melody Salcedo 2nd
    6. f.      The amendment approved                                                                Vote: 5– 0 –0
    7. g.     Alex Clark moved to vote
    8. h.    Andrea Torres 2nd
    9. i.      The ASG Meeting funding request was approved                                 Vote: 5– 0 –0                                                                                 
    10. j.      Approved from 1984

    11. 11.  Associated Student Government Update
      1. a.     VP of Student Affairs and Pluralism Andrea Torres reported that she started clearing her desk before the end of the term.
      2. b.     Also, she needs to contact with incoming VP of Student Affairs and Pluralism to transform her work.
      3. c.     She got an award at the Student Program the End of the Year Party.
      4. d.     President Leslie Mayo presented that Board of Trustee Meeting was successful and she received many positive feedbacks from everyone.
      5. e.     Sending a record of this year’s funding request to Brandon.
      6. f.      Campus Life and Events Representative Melody Salcedo reported that her last event, De-stress event, was successful.
      7. g.     She started cleaning up her desk for the end of her term.
      8. h.    She is having difficulties with the incoming ASG for her position because she cannot contact with her to transfer her work.
      9. i.      Marketing and Public Relations Representative Miranda Tamnkang reported that she is still working on the spring Actual. Also, she will continue training the incoming ASG for her position.
      10. j.      Environmental and Social Responsibility Representative Alex Clark got the Student Leadership Award with Komal from Faisal. Alex also started cleaning his desk for the end of his term.
      11. k.    Miranda Tamnkang motioned to add an extra 5 minutes to the presentation.
      12. l.      Andrea Torres 2nd.
      13. m.   Justice of Internal Affairs Kazuki Yonebayashi reported that Judicial Board will have the last Traffic Court next Wednesday June 18th.
      14. n.    Also, Judicial Board created Judicial Board manual for the incoming Judicial Board.
      15. o.     Natasha and Kazuki started training for incoming justices.
      16. p.     With the effort of the entire ASG and student volunteers, we got more than 750 signatures on the petition.

 

 

  1. 12.  Advisor Comment
    1. a.     Brandon Lueken celebrated the end of the successful year term of the ASG. Also, he announced that Natasha and Kazuki are leaving the office on June 20th, so it is the last meeting.
    2. b.     He encouraged the ASG to start cleaning desks.
    3. c.     New OSLA is in the hiring process.
    4. d.     Faisal Jaswal thanked to the ASG of all of the hard work.

    5. 13.  Adjourn
      1. a.     Alex Clark moved to adjourn the B.O.D. meeting.
      2. b.     everyone 2nd
      3. c.     Acclamation
      4. d.     Meeting adjourned at 4:35pm.
This is a student-run website and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of Bellevue College.